Friday, January 21, 2011

Exams, SAT, && stupid schools.

Let's start with exams. I find it funny how 99% of the students in my school dont remember the first thing they study in their class (including me). I mean seriously. In english it's hard to remember EVERY single poem, short story, author biography, and so on that they have you read. Not only because you're half alseep as you pretend to pay attention, but because the way we're taught is to learn it, take a test on it, erase, and repeat. I just find it ridiculous how they expect us to take an exam on 18 weeks of that process. Same with math. Formula after formula. I remember a lot of them, I really do, but in pre-cal you get like 343545983 formulas that all just mush together. And also how many times are we going to learn new ways to solve triangles? Geeesh. Alright exam rant = done.

SAT: this isn't really just complaining just information for any other high schoolers out there reading this. I'm planning on taking this test in the spring and have been using the college board site to actually do the study questions/ questions of the day and it is honestly helping. I usually don't study for tests like those because theres not much you can do, but here you can practice for all of the subjects and even take practice exams. Just thought it's worth you guys checking out!

Stupid schools. Oh lord this will be a mouthful. So theres two things bothering me. One; I attend a local community college for my first two classes where I do cosmetology. First off, our teacher leaves us so we have this 60 year old substitue who is racist, deaf, and believe my phone is a calculator... Yeah need I say anymore? Also we have to clock in with an id badge which isn't to hard, but when you switch your scrubs to clothes between schools and switch your scrubs EVERY day it's hard to keep track of the id badge, so if you don't have it you have to stay for no reason and get NO hours. Today I lost my badge, I left though however I will not reveal my excuse, BUT it's just stupid because I could have gotten the 3.5 hours if they just gave them to me without the badge. Especially since I'll miss so many at the end of the year due to being due on May 25 (I get out of school June 10).

To go with the previous paragraph would be my english teacher. So I'm a writer as a hobby and slight profession. I have lyrics professionally recorded and a book going through the process of getting a publisher so please explain how I got a D on my english paper. OH! wait; it's because I got 20 points of because I didn't have proper in text citations (which if she read my rough draft would know I didn't understand how to do in the first place). So she takes 20 points of for that, contradicts herself in multiple sections of the rubric, and doesn't say one positive thing about my 6 page paper on the legend John Lennon. And because this paper was about him (my idol) I worked SOOOO hard on it, on top of a honors math paper, other classwork/hw, and being pregnant so she needs to just learn how to grade/teach. PLUS we NEVER did any writing or essays in that class so how should we know what we need to work on? Oh wait we wrote in journals every day but she never read them. I know this because I cursed like crazy in them and she never caught it. Oh well that's my big old speech of how schools suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment